Hey, my name is Jamie Varon and I’m a writer and graphic designer living in Los Angeles. My writing has been featured on Huffington Post, Fusion, Complex/NTRSCTN, Medium, Thought Catalog, Teen Vogue, The Liberty Project, and SF Weekly. I started blogging back when Xanga was still a thing and have been sharing my life online in various capacities for almost a decade. In 2009, I started Shatterboxx, a boutique creative agency, and have worked with clients such as Bed Bath & Beyond, The Bloggess, Erica Jong, Marie Forleo, Penguin Books, and various others.
I once built an iOS app that was downloaded over 100,000 times in the first week and a half. I was on CNN for creating a viral website called Twitter Should Hire Me (they didn’t hire me). I co-created an online branding course called Brandgasm 101 with copywriter and creative genius Ash Ambirge. I also co-created a program called UNLOST with Paul Jarvis to help other creatives get out of their own way and do the damn work they want to do. From May 2014-May 2015, I was an Editorial Advocate and Senior Writer for Thought Catalog where my writing was read by over 21 million people in just a year.
Currently, I do graphic design, freelance writing, and creative consulting. I also run online workshops. I write all sorts of things on Instagram. I publish my writing on Medium frequently. I tweet, too. I also write posts on Facebook.
Most importantly, I am always in the process of rewatching Friends.
Get in Touch
You can contact me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Darken the Page — The Anchor of Your Conviction, Freelancing and Marrying Commerce and Art (podcast)
- CliffCentral — Guest on #Kellman (#1 online radio show in South Africa)
- CliffCentral — Does validation really matter?: radio interview with Arye Kellman
- Cheers, Stomps & Whistles — Vulnerability, art, and comedy (podcast)
- Real Talk Radio — Jamie Varon on Trusting Yourself and The Power of Taking Risks (podcast)
- Unmistakable Creative — Getting to the Heart of What You Want to Say with Jamie Varon (podcast)
- Now What Did We Learn — Self-Acceptance with Jamie Varon (podcast)
- Get the Funk Out! — Interview with Janeane Bernstein for KUCI 88.9FM in Orange County, CA
- The Mental Illness Happy Hour — Sex & Politics with Jamie Varon
- CliffCentral — As Seen Online: Jamie Varon